tirsdag den 16. september 2008

Pediatric Dentistry - however you spell it.

Yesterday my little Darling went to the dentist. Pediatric Dentistry is just one more thing that is light years ahead here in Denmark. When we lived in Virginia I took her to the highly recommended Pediatric Dentist who gave a whole new meaning to the expression "going medieval" with his handling of her: drilling to the root on her tooth without anesthetic while she was strapped to a board, for example. He looked me in the eye when this torture was over and said "she will never be able to have a tooth filled without total anesthetic". Here in Denmark the dentists are, gasp, trained to handle children, even little autists like my baby. During her first visit the Dentist gently but firmly talked her through the process. On the next visit the Dentist even managed to fill two of my baby's teeth without even upsetting her. When we got out to the car from the first visit, I burst into tears of joy. It has been said that Danes are very full of themselves and smug about the superiority of their culture. When it comes to Pediatric Dentistry, they have every reason to be proud. Anyway - I just wanted to say that.

Ingen kommentarer: