torsdag den 22. april 2010

Domino Socks



These are more fun than is probably legal. The domino squares are knit on Brittany Birch dpns (so warm, so soft. . ). The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the colorway pinstripe. I have been most concerned - these are a gift for my employer on his 50th birthday, and I wanted to make something that would speak to the Rebel Soul in him. Despite the subdued colors, the pattern is a bit wild. Now that I am working the foot, I am less concerned. I have put a little 1x1 rib on the sides to make them hold their shape and to break up the striping a little.

The top will be knit "up", though I am not sure if I should make the triangles in domino or in entrelac. Another idea was to make them red, since he is a little "Red" in his heart ;o)

Ingen kommentarer: