torsdag den 22. april 2010

For the Niece I hardly know


Here is a pair in Arauncania for the daughter of my cousin. My late aunt used to knit for her whole family, but since she passed away they have been looking for a new knitter. Though I had fairly close contact with my aunt and her oldest son, I hardly had any contact with the younger son and his family. What better way to show them that they are important to me, than to knit a pair of socks for each? Knitting a gift, for me, is like giving a piece of oneself.

Anyway, I hardly know her, having only been at one luncheon with her in the past 30 years. She is quite beautiful: both slender and delicate (with an iron will, from what I overheard her saying :o)). This yarn is gentle and feminine in its colors and I hope it will convey to her the high esteem in which I hold her.

The pattern is from Charlene Schurch's new book Sock Club, and it is supposed to have a very special heel. More pictures to come as the work progresses!

Ingen kommentarer: